Need extra income? Want to work someplace FUN for a change? The Indianapolis Zoo is now interviewing for part-time Guest Service positions! Earn money while you’re having fun, and enjoy free downtown parking.
We operate an array of family-friendly attractions and rides in addition to our animal exhibits, gardens, and aquariums. Our Guest Service employees provide assorted services to our guests. We are interviewing now for this position:
- Supports the Zoo’s mission of empowering people and communities, both locally and globally, to advance animal conservation.
- Assists with operational support for all major special events including Zoobilation, ZooBoo, CATZ and other marketing special events (ie Zoopolis 500, Back to School Concert).
- General maintenance and up-keep of the cleaning standards for the floors throughout Zoo grounds.
- Cleans and vacuums event spaces to ensure cleanliness standards are maintained.
- Ensures a quality presentation in event areas.
- Assists with general storage areas and ensures that they are properly maintained and inventoried including West Annex.
- Ensures that IZS safety standards are followed.
- Participates in other duties as requested by Guest Services
- Presents professional attitude and interpersonal skills.
- Interacts and communicates with co-workers, supervision, vendors, and the public in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Able to work on weekends, special events, holidays, and some late hours.
- Problem solving and judgment
- Recognizes problems as they occur and contributes to their resolution. Makes good decisions resulting from sound judgment as related to level of experience.
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Maintains regular attendance. No excessive or unexcused absences or tardiness as per the Zoo’s Attendance Policy.
- Other Duties as Required.
- Must be able to work Saturdays AND Sundays, and holidays.
- Must exhibit a professional and positive attitude at all times while interacting with peers, coworkers and the public.
- Must be properly trained in the use of the following equipment: Electric pallet jack and hand pallet jack.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather. Individual will be in temperatures ranging from -10 to 90+ degrees.
- Must follow Universal Protection Precautions and Blood borne Pathogens Guidelines. Possible occupational exposure (Category C employee) to human blood borne pathogens.
- Must wear personal protective equipment including latex or rubber gloves, dust masks, and goggles.
- Will be required to climb step-ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- Must be physically able to do heavy lifting which may include exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid Indiana driver’s license, and insurable by the IZS’ insurance carrier.
Experience: Experienced with operating small equipment (power washers, leaf blower, and leaf vacuum) willing to be trained to operate/drive forklift, Kubota and tractor
Education: Required High school (or GED)
Technical Proficiency: Must be an intermediate user of Outlook, Word, Excel and IZS Work Order System.
Only on-line applications are accepted. Mailed, faxed, e-mailed or dropped off applications are not accepted.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, and criminal history check.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a Drug Free/Smoke Free/Child Safe Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.