Need extra income? Want to work someplace FUN for a change? The Indianapolis Zoo is now interviewing for part-time Guest Service positions! Earn money while you’re having fun, and enjoy free downtown parking.
We operate an array of family-friendly attractions and rides in addition to our animal exhibits, gardens, and aquarium. Our Guest Service employees provide assorted services to our guests. We are interviewing now for this position:
- Sells parking, rides and general admission tickets, rentals, and ensures overall visitor satisfaction.
- Complies with Zoo and departmental policies and procedures. Full cooperation of cash handling policies found in the Cash Handling Manual and standard operating procedures as found in the Admissions Reference Guide.
- Maintains clean work environment and ensures overall park cleanliness.
- Able to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Works positively with department volunteers, staff and management.
- Provides friendly, professional service to Zoo guests and fellow staff members, and guides and directs guests in a detailed and pleasant demeanor.
- Must enjoy working as a team but be able to work as an individual.
- Able to work on weekends, special events, holidays, and some late hours.
- Supports the Zoo’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to work week-ends and holidays
- Experience in customer service is a plus but not required.
- Friendly and courteous attitude.
- Flexible work hours
- Must adhere to appearance guidelines.
Only on-line applications are accepted. Mailed, faxed, e-mailed or dropped off applications are not accepted.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug test, and criminal history check.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a Drug Free/Smoke Free/Child Safe Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.