Our Guest Services employees play a key role in making the Indianapolis Zoo one of the top attractions in Indianapolis. And if you're looking for a part-time job, there's no better place than the Indianapolis Zoo. We operate an array of family-friendly rides in addition to our animal exhibits, gardens and aquariums, and we're looking for seasonal ticket takers to help greet our guests and sell parking, rides and general admission tickets.
- Sells parking, rides and general admission tickets, rentals, and ensures overall visitor satisfaction.
- Complies with Zoo and departmental policies and procedures. Full cooperation of cash handling policies found in the Cash Handling Manual and standard operating procedures as found in the Admissions Reference Guide.
- Maintains clean work environment and ensures overall park cleanliness.
- Able to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions.
- Works positively with department volunteers, staff and management.
- Provides friendly, professional service to Zoo guests and fellow staff members, and guides and directs guests in a detailed and pleasant demeanor.
- Must enjoy working as a team but be able to work as an individual.
- Able to work on weekends, special events, holidays, and some late hours.
- Supports the Zoo's mission.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to work week-ends and holidays
- Experience in customer service is a plus but not required.
- Friendly and courteous attitude.
- Flexible work hours.
- Must adhere to appearance guidelines.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a one of the top tourist destinations in Indiana. Our animal exhibits, gardens and aquariums delight more than a million visitors annually. The Zoo is a private, 501(c)3 institution.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED (see below). Candidates are encouraged to attach cover letters and résumés. Mailed, faxed and hand-delivered applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. On the online employment application, please enter "Ticket Taker" in the "position desired" section.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing including a drug test, driving record and criminal history checks. The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug free/smoke free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Online Job Application