Our Guest Services employees play a key role in making the Indianapolis Zoo one of the top attractions in Indianapolis. And if you're looking for a part-time job, there's no better place than the Indianapolis Zoo. We operate an array of family-friendly rides in addition to our animal exhibits, gardens and aquariums, and we're looking for seasonal rides hosts to help greet our guests and operate the attractions.
- Operate/supervise rides and attractions (train ride, carousel, 4D Theater, roller coaster, splash park, and playground).
- Interact with guests during their ride experience.
- Keep the offices, rest areas, and grounds of the Zoo clean and beautiful for our guests and employees.
- Set up for special events.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions.
- Ensures safety procedures are being followed on train ride, carousel, roller coaster, and playgrounds by both staff and guests.
- Operates mechanical rides safely and efficiently in all types of weather and crowd sizes.
- Works positively with department volunteers, staff and management.
- Provides friendly, professional service to Zoo guests and fellow staff members, and guides and directs guests in a detailed and pleasant demeanor.
- Must enjoy working as a team but be able to work as an individual.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Physical requirements of this position, include but are not limited to:
- Ability to work outdoors and indoors under all environmental conditions.
- Ability to walk and stand for the majority of the work shift.
- Ability to lift and drag at least 25 lbs. of weight.
- Physical ability to walk, stand, kneel, squat, bend, lift, and push while performing various jobs.
- Excellent visual acuity and hearing required.
- Possible occupational exposure (Category B employee) to human blood-borne pathogens. Possible exposure to dangerous chemicals (e.g. chlorine bleach, cleaning agents, etc.). Must follow Universal Protection Precautions and Blood-borne Pathogens Guidelines.
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must have a have valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must be able to work on weekends, special events, holidays, and some late hours with a flexible schedule through Dec. 30.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude.
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend the English language.
- Must adhere to appearance guidelines.
- Able to work on weekends, special events, holidays, and some late hours.
- Experience in customer service is a plus but not required.
The Indianapolis Zoo is a one of the top tourist destinations in Indiana. Our animal exhibits, gardens and aquariums delight more than a million visitors annually. The Zoo is a private, 501(c)3 institution.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED (see below). Candidates are encouraged to attach cover letters and résumés. Mailed, faxed and hand-delivered applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. On the online employment application, please enter "Rides Operator" in the "position desired" section.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing including a drug test, driving record and criminal history checks. The Indianapolis Zoo is a drug free/smoke free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
To help ensure receipt of your online application, it is recommended applicants use a computer running Windows XP or higher, with at least Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Online Job Application